Wednesday, November 16, 2011

'Little Miss' Personality

My hubby and I are currently in the process of building a home for ourselves and I am uber excited about doing my little girl's room! I love love love the idea of mini grown-up rooms!  While I'm usually drawn to soft colours with that hint of glam, I think a dose of bold colour is truly representative of the little diva I'm raising.


Can you ever go too bright or bold in a kid's room?


Check out these inspiration pics...


This room is sure to put a smile on your face and shouts fun and fanciful!




I am so tempted to draw from this black tie nursery with that soft lavender and pink.



This PB Kids Nursery is an absoloute delight!



recent inspirations eclectic kids

This blue green eclectic shared space for two is perfect for those sleep overs.


Quadrille, China Seas, Alan Campbell, Home Couture traditional kids

This built in with upholstered headboard is an adorable space for that transition from 'little tot' to 'little miss'. This one definitely takes the cake!




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I often browse through the design sections in bookstores to get inspiration from other designers and am amazed with how much kid's rooms have changed and how much personality can be infused into them based on the little people in our lives.

These books are a good read to learn more about how these little guys and dolls live....










Hope this was an enjoyable read and why not reach for that kid in you today!

--Designing B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line. I'd love to hear your comments.